Garden of Tranquillity
Created by one of our Garden Design Diploma graduates, the Garden of Tranquillity will be a safe, peaceful and sensory greenspace for people with dementia. The Garden will:
- Support local people with dementia so that they feel included and can safely experience the therapeutic benefits of being outdoors.
- Inspire visitors with ideas to make their own gardens more dementia-friendly and emphasise how horticulture can promote good health and wellbeing.
- Educate people about the prevalence of dementia and highlight Edinburgh as a world-leader in dementia research.
The Garden of Tranquillity will open at the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh in 2020.
The Garden of Tranquillity has been made possible thanks to:
- In memory of Fiona Sutherland Good
- Players of People's Postcode Lottery
- The Castansa Trust
- Pump House Trust
- Individuals who responded to our appeal
We are very grateful for their support enabling this new garden to come to life.