Podcast: Plants and our Health
Plants & Our Health is a podcast mini-series exploring how plants and nature are critical for human health and wellbeing.
From agriculture and medicine to fashion and mental wellbeing, plants underpin many essential aspects of our society, in fascinating and sometimes unexpected ways that are underappreciated. Plants & Our Health aims to celebrate the wonders of plant life and explore its contributions to human health and wellbeing. The series invites a diverse array of guests from the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh and beyond to share their experiences and expertise working on projects which research or use plants to support our health. Have you ever heard of doctors in Scotland prescribing nature? Do you know what a plant passport is? Plants & Our Health is the way to find out.
- The Future of Plants with Pete Hollingsworth, Director of Science, RBGE
- Plants and Their Own Health with Dr Katy Hayden, Researcher and Plant Health Officer, RBGE
- Is the Herb in Your Supplement What It Says on the Package? with Dr Markus Ruhsam, Plant Molecular Ecologist, RBGE
- Community Growing for Health & Wellbeing with Elinor Leslie, Community Gardener, RBGE
- Botanic Gardens as Wellbeing Providers with Simon Milne MBE, Regius Keeper, RBGE
Plants & Our Health is a collaboration between RBGE and Not Another Science Podcast, and is funded with support from the British Ecological Society. Tune in to hear host Aaron de Veres dive into exciting new stories from the world of plants. Episodes can be found under ‘Not Another Science Podcast’ on Spotify, the Apple Podcasts app, Google Podcasts, and elsewhere.
Explore our range of unique gifts and more. Every purchase supports the Garden.
Browse through our diverse range of formal and informal education programmes for people of all ages and at all levels
Host an Event
Explore our unique venues, suitable for every occasion
Discover a range of books inspired by the RBGE's work and collections