Visiting us during Covid-19
Visit the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh and its regional Garden's with confidence, knowing that the safety and wellbeing of our visitors and staff is of the utmost importance to us.
To protect visitors, new health and safety measures have been introduced at our Gardens. One very important change - if you are visiting our Edinburgh Garden, you must book a time slot online before your visit. This will enable us to limit the number of visitors in the Garden, minimise queueing and facilitate physical distancing.
All visitors to the Edinburgh Garden, including our members, carers, children and babies, must book a time slot ticket in advance. Unfortunately, if you do not hold a time slot ticket, you will not be able to enter the Garden. Time slots are currently available to book for visits up to and including Tuesday 15 December.
Before you visit, please make sure that you are following the current Scottish Government restrictions on travel between local authority areas, and on meeting others. There should be no more than six adults in your group from a maximum of two different households.
For more information on visiting during Coronavirus, see our FAQ's.
You do not need to book time slots in advance for visits to our Regional Gardens where admission remains the same as usual.
- Visit Benmore (closed for the season until 1 March 2021)
- Visit Dawyck (closed for the season until 1 February 2021)
- Visit Logan
Helping to protect you during your visit
We have introduced a number of health and safety measures to protect and reassure you when you visit our Gardens.
- You will receive a warm welcome at a distance.
- Visitor capacity will be monitored to facilitate physical distancing.
- In line with current Scottish Government guidelines on travel and meeting others. There should be no more than six adults in your group from a maximum of two different household.
- There are hand sanitiser units at entrances and other points within the Garden.
- There are protection screens at receptions.
- Contactless payments only.
- PPE is available for our staff. Face coverings are now mandatory when visiting our shops and other enclosed spaces such as the John Hope Gateway visitor centre in Edinburgh.
- There is helpful, directional signage within the boundaries of the Garden.
- Please observe two metre physical distancing.
- Toilets, including additional temporary facilities, are open but please observe maximum limits.
For more information, please refer to our FAQs.
Please note that our events, exhibitions and short course programme has been severely disrupted. For winter 2020, a small number of events and courses will be online. Further details about forthcoming online events can be found in the What’s On and Learn sections of the website.
Visit our Regional Gardens
Support us today, safeguard our future
As a charity, we need your support more than ever before. Whilst our four Gardens were closed, we lost a large proportion of vital income which helps to fund our international research and conservation work. Please consider joining our support community by becoming a member or make a donation to help us to protect the world of plants.