Visiting us during Covid-19
We are delighted that the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh and our three Regional Gardens, Benmore, Dawyck and Logan, are open again to help us all reconnect with nature and benefit from the healing power of plants.
To protect visitors, some new health and safety measures have been introduced at our Gardens. One very important change - if you are visiting our Edinburgh Garden, you must book a time slot online before your visit. This will enable us to limit the number of visitors in the Garden, minimise queueing and facilitate physical distancing.Book time slot for Edinburgh Garden
All visitors to the Edinburgh Garden, including our members, carers, children and babies, must book a time slot ticket in advance. Unfortunately, if you do not hold a time slot ticket, you will not be able to enter the Garden. Time slots are available to book now for visits up to and including Friday 31 July. For more information on visiting during Coronavirus and our FAQ's click here.
You do not need to book time slots in advance for visits to our Regional Gardens where admission remains the same as usual.
Summer is the ideal season to explore our world-leading Living Collection of plants and the Gardens are looking spectacular. We hope you will come and visit us but please adhere to Scottish Government guidelines and stay local.
Helping to protect you during your visit
We have introduced a number of health and safety measures to protect and reassure you when you visit our Gardens.
- You will receive a warm welcome at a distance.
- Visitor capacity will be monitored to facilitate physical distancing.
- There are hand sanitiser units at entrances and other points within the Garden.
- There are protection screens at receptions.
- Contactless payments only.
- PPE is available for our staff. Face coverings are now mandatory when visiting our shops.
- There is helpful, directional signage within the boundaries of the Garden.
- Please observe two metre physical distancing in line with Scottish Government guidelines.
- Toilets, including additional temporary facilities, are open but please observe maximum limits.
For more information, please refer to our FAQs.
All events, exhibitions and short courses at the Gardens are currently suspended and we will update our What’s On and Learn sections with further details when that changes. In the meantime, if you are unable to visit our Gardens in person, you can enjoy our Virtual Summer.
Visit the Edinburgh Garden
Visit our Regional Gardens
Support us today, safeguard our future
As a charity, we need your support more than ever before. Whilst our four Gardens were closed, we lost a large proportion of vital income which helps to fund our international research and conservation work. Please consider joining our support community by becoming a member or make a donation to help us to protect the world of plants.