Fundraise for the Garden through Facebook
Facebook is a great resource for fundraising as Facebook pays all the processing fees, and 100% of the donations come directly to us. Facebook facilitates one-off donations plus enables other Facebook users to become fundraisers and create their own fundraising campaigns – whether it’s through Birthday Fundraisers, Personal Fundraisers, Stories, GivingTuesday, or Instagram.
How to support the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh on Facebook
The donate button is a quick way for people to donate to without leaving Facebook
- Go to the RBGE Facebook page and select the Donate button
- Fill in donor and payment information
- Setting up a Fundraiser
Nonprofit fundraisers let people raise money for your RBGE on Facebook. You can set up a dedicated fundraising page to share your story, tell others about your mission and rally around a fundraising goal.
- Go to the Menu button to open the drop-down menu and select ‘Fundraiser’
- Select 'Charity' as your cause
- Search for 'Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh'
- Fill in the required information:
- Share with your followers and start fundraising
- Setting up a Birthday Fundraiser
- Two weeks before your birthday, you will see a message from Facebook in your News Feeds giving you the option to create a fundraiser for your birthday.
- Select RBGE as your cause
- Select how much you want to raise
- Pick a cover photo and write a description (optional)
- Congratulations your fundraiser has been published! Invite your friends.
Browse through our diverse range of formal and informal education programmes for people of all ages and at all levels
Books at the Botanics
RBGE publishes a range of books inspired by the Garden's work and collections
Knowledge Exchange links the research community with others.
Searchable Resource Centres
View our selection of searchable resource centres.
Check our latest news and connect with our experts
Find the ideal venue for your corporate event
Find out how you can support our work at the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh.