Find out about special offers and what's new for Members
Stockbridge Summer Solstice
Sunday 23 June, 12-4pm, Free entry
We're popping up at Stockbridge Summer Solstice, a car-free community day along Edinburgh's Raeburn Place. Alongside music, crafts and outdoor games, you can find the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh stall offering information, garden highlights and a competition to win a free annual membership. Just a 10 minute walk from the Botanics' West Gate.
For more information on the event visit Stockbridge Summer Solstice.
Our mighty Amorphophallus titanum, nicknamed 'New Reekie' due to its terrible smell, is about to flower for the third time. This is a rare opportunity to see one of nature's most amazing plants bloom.
Found in the wild only on the Bukit Barisan mountains in Western Sumatra, Indonesia, the species is classified as endangered. Our specimen is the only Amorphophallus titanum in Scotland and holds the world record for the largest corm ever recorded.
Visiting the Amorphophallus
New Reekie is housed in the Lowland Tropics Glasshouse at our Edinburgh garden.
- Members visit for FREE - come back as many times as you like to watch it grow and bloom.
- The Glasshouses are open from 10am - 5pm every day (last admission 4pm).
- Extended opening hours will occur on the first day of the flowering - keep an eye on our website and social media for updates.
- Please note a queue will be operational during busy periods.
2019 Tours and Day Trips
Places are still available for the following Members' tours:
- Fife and Dundee - 15 July
- Northern Ireland - 24-28 July*
*Organised in conjunction with Brightwater Holidays.
Friends of RBGE Committees
All Members of the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh are seen as Friends of RBGE and the local Committees of the four Gardens act on behalf of all Members in supporting our work. The primary responsibility of these Committees is to organise and run a programme of events with the following aims:
- to ensure continued engagement of Members with RBGE
- to generate income to support the work of RBGE
- to raise the profile of RBGE and encourage increased recruitment to Membership
Events include monthly coffee mornings, evening talks, tours to other gardens in the UK and overseas and special guest lectures.
The income raised from these events supports many projects in the gardens that would otherwise not happen.
If you are interested in finding out more about volunteering with your local Friends' Committee or would like to help at events please contact the Membership Office on 0131 552 5339 or email@example.com.
Contact the Membership Office
For further details about our Membership Programme or to join by phone please call us on +44 (0)131 552 5339 or get in touch by using the enquiry form.Get in Touch