Become a Patron
Enjoy behind-the-scenes access and exclusive events while supporting our vital work.
Our Patrons share our belief in the critical importance of protecting and conserving the world of plants. Be part of a community of like-minded individuals who enjoy a close relationship with our Gardens.
As a Patron you will enjoy special privileges including invitations to meet our specialist staff through an exclusive programme of behind-the-scenes events. You will also receive the full range of Member benefits, including free entry to our four Gardens.
To find out more from our Regius Keeper Simon Milne, download our Patron brochure.
Becoming a Patron
We welcome applications from anyone interested in becoming a Patron. Patronage starts at £550 per year and is eligible for Gift Aid.
Due to the ongoing uncertainty around the COVID-19 situation there will be a delay in processing and mailing out membership cards. Membership purchases may still be completed and you will receive a confirmation email as valid proof of purchase. To thank you for your support during the temporary closure of our Gardens we shall be extending your membership expiry date, free of charge, by three months.Join or Renew your Patronage
By Gift Aiding your Patronage, we can claim an additional 25% of your donation from HMRC. What is Gift Aid?
To become a Patron without Gift Aid, please click here. Alternatively, please call our office on +44 (0)131 552 5339.
Renewing your Patronage
You will receive a renewal reminder in the post two weeks before your Patronage is due for renewal. You can also renew online using the button below.Join or Renew your Patronage by Card
Upcoming Patron Events
9 April 2020 - Curator's Private Tour of 'A rose by any other name....' Inverleith House
Sadly, this event has had to be cancelled
11 June 2020 - Regius Keeper's Summer Reception, Caledonian Hall
This event has been cancelled
1 October 2020 - Annual Patrons' Dinner
Further information to follow
Terms and Conditions of Patronage
By purchasing or renewing Patronage with the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh (RBGE) you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
- All patronages/memberships are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- RBGE reserves the right to change the membership benefits at any time and without prior notice.
- Patronage of RBGE is valid for 12 consecutive months.
- Members must show a valid membership card to obtain entry to RBGE Gardens (and the Edinburgh Glasshouses) and to receive other membership benefits.
- We aim to process all membership packs within 10 working days once an application has been received.
- You can use your temporary membership receipt or confirmation email to gain access to RBGE Gardens and other membership benefits prior to receiving your membership pack.
- RBGE Patronage allows cardholders free or discounted admission to participating reciprocal gardens in the UK and overseas. Patrons must show their valid membership card in order to gain admission to these gardens.
- We will contact you at the start of the month when your Patronage is due for renewal with further information on how to continue your subscription.
- Payment by Direct Debit is the simplest and most convenient way to pay your RBGE subscription. Your Direct Debit subscription will renew automatically each year until you choose to cancel. A renewal letter will be sent out giving a minimum of 10 working days for you to notify us of any change or cancellation before the next payment is due to be collected. You can cancel your Direct Debit at any time by contacting your bank. If you do cancel, please notify the Membership Office on 0131 552 5339 or email@example.com
- We reserve the right to refuse admission and/or cancel memberships without refund if anyone behaves in a threatening or abusive way to any person at any of our four Gardens or damages or threatens to damage any of the collections or property of RBGE.
- RBGE reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time.