Become a Patron
Enjoy behind-the-scenes tours and exclusive events while supporting our vital work.
Our Patrons share a belief in the critical importance of protecting and conserving the world of plants and provide essential funding for our national and international projects. Be part of a community of like-minded individuals who enjoy a close relationship with our Gardens.
As a Patron you will enjoy special privileges including invitations to meet our specialist staff through an exclusive programme of behind-the-scenes visits and events. You will also receive the full range of Members' benefits, including free entry to our four Gardens.
To read more from our Regius Keeper Simon Milne, download our Patron brochure.Join or renew with Gift Aid
By Gift Aiding your Patronage, we can claim an additional 25% of your donation from HMRC. What is Gift Aid?Join or renew (without Gift Aid)
Upcoming Patron Events
The 2019 Patron Events programme will be available in late January 2019.
Terms and Conditions of Patronage
By purchasing or renewing Patronage with the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh (RBGE) you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
- All patronages/memberships are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- RBGE reserves the right to change the membership benefits at any time and without prior notice.
- Patronage of RBGE is valid for 12 consecutive months.
- Members must show a valid membership card to obtain entry to RBGE Gardens (and the Edinburgh Glasshouses) and to receive other membership benefits.
- We aim to process all membership packs within 10 working days once an application has been received.
- You can use your temporary membership receipt or confirmation email to gain access to RBGE Gardens and other membership benefits prior to receiving your membership pack.
- RBGE Patronage allows cardholders free or discounted admission to participating reciprocal gardens in the UK and overseas. Patrons must show their valid membership card in order to gain admission to these gardens.
- We will contact you at the start of the month when your Patronage is due for renewal with further information on how to continue your subscription.
- Payment by Direct Debit is the simplest and most convenient way to pay your RBGE subscription. Your Direct Debit subscription will renew automatically each year until you choose to cancel. A renewal letter will be sent out giving a minimum of 10 working days for you to notify us of any change or cancellation before the next payment is due to be collected. You can cancel your Direct Debit at any time by contacting your bank. If you do cancel, please notify the Membership Office on 0131 552 5339 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- We reserve the right to refuse admission and/or cancel memberships without refund if anyone behaves in a threatening or abusive way to any person at any of our four Gardens or damages or threatens to damage any of the collections or property of RBGE.
- RBGE reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time.