Student interns and practical placements at Benmore Botanic Garden
- Mowing an edging of grass
- Soil cultivation
- Brush-cutting with nylon line
- Woody regeneration control
- Chipping braches
- Tree and shrub planting
- Path maintenance and construction
- Introduction to meteorological recording
- Introduction to BG-Base
- Stocktaking of plant collection
- Introduction to the use, care and maintenance of a range of garden equipment and machinery.
Hours of work
Monday: 8.09am - 4.30pm
Tuesday: 8.09am - 4.30pm
Wednesday: 8.09am - 4.30pm
Thursday: 8.09am - 4.30pm
Friday: 8.09am - 3.00pm
Host an Event
Explore our unique venues, suitable for every occasion
Browse through our diverse range of formal and informal education programmes for people of all ages and at all levels
Books at the Botanics
RBGE publishes a range of books inspired by the Garden's work and collections
Access our Research Outputs
View our open access resource centres.
Check our latest news and connect with our experts
Knowledge Exchange links the research community with others.
Find out how you can support our work at the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh.