Organised by the Friends of the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh
Following the success of last year's competition we are excited to announce that this year's competition is now officially open and will run until Saturday 31 August 2013. The entry form can be opened using the link on the right hand side of this page.
The competition has been expanded in 2013 to feature two extra categories:
A landscape taken in any of the four Gardens. Note: images should not feature any identifiable people.
A plant (tree, shrub or flower) either singly or in a group of the same plant, or a close-up, taken in any of the four Gardens.
An experimental or expressionistic photograph (could be of a plant, an animal or a view of one of the Gardens.
Wildlife in the Garden
Animals, insects or birds taken in any of the four Gardens.
Photographers under the age of 17 can enter their pictures into this category.
Conditions of Entry
- Competition is open to all amateur and professional photographers.
- Prints and digital images will be accepted from any type of film or digital cameras. Prints must be printed on an A4 page and unmounted. Digital image entries must be less than 10MB, but more than 2MB.
- Entrants who wish to enter digital images are invited to use dropbox or yousendit.
- Up to three photographs may be submitted for the entry fee of £10 and more may be submitted for £2 for each additional photo.
- Prints: the back of each print must carry the name, address, telephone and email address of the entrant, the category for which the photo is entered, and the Garden in which it was taken. The (preferably Latin) name of featured plants(s) must be given for entries to Category 2 Prints should be posted, with completed entry form and fee, to Photography Competition, Membership Office, RBGE, 20A Inverleith Row, Edinburgh, EH3 5LR.
- Digital images: should be e-mailed to email@example.com with a completed entry form attached. Please put your name as the subject of the email. The entry fee for digital entries should be posted, with a downloaded entry form, to the Membership Office as above.
- Copyright of images will remain with the photographer, but RBGE and The Scotsman claim the right to exhibit the entries and to use them in publicity material to promote the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh and/or its photography competition. For this purpose RBGE claims the right to edit or use images in combination with others.
- We regret that prints cannot be returned.
- The winners will be chosen by judges appointed by RBGE. The judges' decision is final.
- Photos must be the original work of the entrant and taken at one of the four Gardens of RBGE within the last year. Care must be taken not to damage plants or RBGE property in taking the photos. We would ask that tripods are not used in the rock garden.
The competition is now open and we're looking forward to receiving your best pictures.