Sat 12 Mar 2016
- 10.00 am — 6.00 pm
- Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh (find us)
- Garden wide
- Call 0131 248 2944 or email email@example.com to book a place on a Garden tour.
Join us for Disabled Access Day at the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh - the national hub for the event.
The Garden will be offering free entry to the Glasshouse Visit for anyone who quotes Disabled Access Day on arrival. Book your place on one of three tours of the Garden for those with visual impairments, hearing difficulties or mobility requirements.
Please book your free place on our Guided Walks in advance as places are limited. Call 0131 248 2909 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. A number of mobility scooters and wheelchairs are also available to book in advance.
- 10am - 5pm Free entry to Edinburgh’s Glasshouse Visit when you quote 'Disabled Access Day’ (usual adult price £5.50 or concession £4.50, last entry 4pm). Please note that there are restrictions in two Glasshouses due to health and safety issues, please ask staff on the day.
- 2pm - 3pm Free Guided Garden Walks for those with specific requirements and open to everyone. No more than 1.5 kilometres/1 hour long depending on requests from the group. The meeting place is in the John Hope Gateway Visitor Centre at our West Gate (Arboretum Place).
- 2pm - 4pm Free Seed Sowing with the Edible Garden Project in the Demonstration Garden. Ask for directions or assistance at the Information Desk.
Registered assistance dogs welcome. Robert McCourt, British Sign Language expert, will be at the Garden all day.
Our Access Statement is availble to view online at www.rbge.org.uk/accessibility
For more information about the day, click here to download our information pack.