Sun 15 June 2014
- 10.00 am — 3.00 pm
- Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh (find us)
- Caledonian Hall
- No booking required
Be amazed and entertained by the skills of some of the cleverest dogs around. Take a blindfold walk with a guide dog, meet the cutest puppies in training, discover the skills of hearing dogs and others that help people with disabilities. This special day of fun and discovery is for all the family. Assistance dogs and their owners especially welcome.
- From 10am: Demonstrations from assistance dogs throughout the day
- 11am & 12.30pm: Meet Casper the celebrity Medical Alert Dog. Plus many more talks and demos.
- 12 noon: Garden Guided Tours for those with specific needs including the visually impaired, hard of hearing and those with mobility needs
- 2pm: Talk by conservation office Dr Heather McHaffie about plant hunting and its impact on the senses
Please note all Registered Assistance Dogs are welcome in the Garden but no other animals are permitted entry.