Sun 10 Aug 2014
- 6.45 pm — 8.45 pm
- Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh (find us)
- Inverleith House Lawn - Entry via West Gate (Arboretum Place
- Tickets £12 (£10 conc) from edfringe.com
"4 actors, 4 bicycles, 40 characters and a 1000+ mile adventure."
Telling the story of two sets of identical twins separated at birth, this is one of Shakespeare’s most farcical comedies, with mistaken identity and a good dose of slapstick.
The HandleBards is Shakespeare done differently. Following a hugely successful inaugural tour in 2013, the four-strong, all-male HandleBards company are back on their bikes and cycling the UK before setting out across Europe. On just four bicycles they carry all the necessary set, props and costumes to perform two of Shakespeare's greatest plays, using bikes to power various surprises and contraptions on-stage, whilst playing all the parts.
The Handlebards will also be performing Macbeth – click here for more information
Tickets £12 (£10 conc) from edfringe.com
1. Will there be seating? A: No, the performance will be on Inverleith House Lawn and seating will be on the grass. This area is not covered so the audience is advised to dress appropriately for the weather, and to bring something such as a picnic blanket to sit on.
2. Can I just stay in the Garden from the afternoon onwards? A: No, the Garden will be cleared and closed as usual at 6pm. The audience will enter through the West Gate only from approximately 6.30pm
3. Will I be able to get a drink/food? A: The Terrace Café will be open (from 6.30pm until approx. 7.15pm) serving drinks (including beer & wine) and light refreshments
4. Where can I buy a ticket? A: We strongly advise booking ahead through the Fringe box office (www.edfringe.com or T: 0131 2260000). We will have any remaining tickets available to purchase at 6.30pm
Please note these events take place outdoors – please dress appropriately