Thurs 26 Sept — Thurs 21 Nov 2013
- 7.00 pm — 9.00 pm
- Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh (find us)
- Teaching Lab
- £77, £69.30 for Members
- Booking required. Please call the education office on 0131 248 2937.
A chance to investigate basic functions, evolution and ecology of familiar and less familiar plant species throughout this series of eight practical botany classes. The course is aimed at the complete beginner and offers a chance to study a wonderful array of plant specimens from the RBGE living collection.
- Green Plants: How do they work?
- Photosynthesis and leaves
- Roots and shoots: Transport in plants
- Reproduction I – the cycle of life
- Reproduction II – the bird and the bees
- Seed Dispersal and Growth
- The Variety of Life
- Classification and Keys
Useful as a pre-course to the RHS Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Horticulture. Taught by Emily Wood