RBGE Archives - Scope and Content
The Archives hold papers and images relating to the history of the Garden and its plant collectors
Among them are the correspondence of Regius Keepers and plant collectors including George Forrest, Joseph Rock and Reginald Farrer who all travelled in the region of South-west China and Burma in the early 20th century.
The Archives also include a rich collection of maps, drawings and images, including glass-plate negatives by George Forrest taken in Yunnan, China; and prints by many other photographers such as Robert Moyes Adam who was RBGE's official photographer between 1915 and 1949.
- History of RBGE and its three Regional Gardens, including drawings and maps
- Regius Keepers' papers
- Plant collectors' letters, diaries and photographs
- Glass plate negatives
- Early 20th century prints of RBGE
- Botanical Society of Scotland Archives
- Royal Caledonian Horticultural Society Archives
For a more comprehensive list which includes links to catalogued collections and our box list which will allows limited searching through our holdings, visit the Archives Collections Page.