This page gives access to RBGE's searchable databases, including the Catalogue of the Living Collections, the Library Catalogue, and some RBGE project sites. Most of the databases have been developed within our Science Division.
Databases for our core collections:
- Catalogue of the Living Collections - all the plants we grow in our four Gardens
- Herbarium Catalogue - search our collection of herbarium specimens
- Library Catalogue - approximately one-third of the catalogue is currently available online
Databases for particular research areas or projects:
- ADIAC Diatom Image Database - images of microscopic algae
- DIADIST website - diatom and desmid identification by shape and texture
- Apiales Resource Centre - an international resource for this important plant family
- Southeast Asian Begonia Database - includes distribution maps, nomenclatural data and over 6,000 specimen images
- Checklist of the woody plants in Peruvian seasonally dry forests
- Dipterocarpaceae Database - important tropical tree family
- Flora Celtica Database - a book on plants and peoples of the Celtic regions
- Flora Europaea Database - extracted from the digital version of the Flora Europaea
- Genetic Flora of the British Isles - collates publications that have used genetics to study members of the British Flora
- Gazetteer of East Himalaya Plant-Collecting Localities - place names for Himalayan plants
- Multisite searches - search for specific plant information at 17 botanic gardens and other sites simultaneously
- Ratter, Dr J. (Jimmy) field collection labels.
- Robert Wight Catalogue - botanical drawings and type specimens described by Robert Wight
- Webcyte - Gesneriaceae cytology database
- Sapotaceae Resource Centre
- Zingiberaceae Resource Centre - nomenclatural data for Zingiberaceae.
Note that while the majority of the pages are accessible to all, some of the project sites have been developed using frames. We hope to develop frame-alternative versions in future, and are sorry if this inconveniences some users.
Please contact the Webmaster if you have any comments.
We will be making other searchable databases available on our website in future.