Bamboo Molecular Ecologist
Three-year Fixed-term appointment, based in Edinburgh
Salary £32,779 to £39,902 (Band E)
Applications are invited for a 3 year fixed term post-doctoral position at the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh. The key responsibilities of this role will be to:
- Co-ordinate the project, including communicating with collaborators in the UK and China and organise joint meetings
- Undertake fieldwork to obtain samples
- Undertake genomic analyses on bamboo (and coordinate with collaborators in China) to distinguish between bamboo species and identify diagnostic markers
- Output dissemination - conferences, paper writing and outreach
- Develop collaborative partnerships and working relationships for joint projects with the AM
It is essential that applicants hold a PhD in the field of population genetics/genomics. A full job description and person specification is available for this role which highlights the essential and any desirable criteria potential candidates must be able meet.
Further details of RBGE’s programme of activities can be obtained from www.rbge.org.uk.
Interested applicants should send a CV and covering letter, outlining the skills and experience they could bring to the post, as well as a completed equal opportunities form to email@example.com by noon GMT on Thursday, 5 November 2015.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has not been shortlisted.
No recruitment agencies please.